A healthy, delicious way to get your pizza fix!
Who doesn`t love pizza? I certainly do. But after two pregnancies, and many unhealthy cravings during them, I can’t exactly have pizza every single night. I have been on a weight loss journey since the end of May 2020, and to date I have lost 24.2 pounds. I am on the Weight Watchers program and it works for me, so I will continue with it!
What’s great about this pizza is that it is only 8 WW points for the entire thing! For those of you who are not familiar with Weight Watchers, a single slice of a small cheese pizza can sometimes be around 8 points. And honestly, who just has one slice pizza? I top this pizza with cheese and veggies, but you could always cook up some chicken to throw on top! You don’t have to be following a weight loss plan to enjoy this pizza, take my word for it, it is delicious!
Let’s get right to it, here is how to make it.
- 1 Multigrain with Flax Flatout flatbread (I find them at Walmart)
- 1/4 cup of pizza sauce (I use the Great Value kind, LOVE the taste of it)
- 1/3 cup of Light mozza-cheddar shredded cheese
- Fresh Broccoli cut up (as much as you would like as a topping)
- Green onions (as much as you like as a topping)
- Feel free to add any other vegetable toppings you like!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Place flatbread on a baking sheet and bake flatbread for 2 minutes
- Remove from oven and top with your toppings
- Return to oven and bake for 5 minutes
- I like to then broil for 2-3 minutes, until the cheese starts to bubble
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with some salt and pepper and enjoy!
Let me know in the comments if you tried this recipe! If you are a Weight Watchers member, find me in the community under username shawnavaughan. I would love to hear from you!