A quick and easy recipe that the whole family will enjoy!
Husband approved ✔
Baby approved ✔
Toddler picked it up and gave it a lick (This is a VERY good thing…look for my experience on how to feed a picky toddler in a future post!)
My mom used to make these meatballs when I was growing up, and I used to absolutely LOVE them. The sweet smell brings back good memories. Now that I am the one cooking for my family, I often find myself looking for a quick, go-to meal that everyone will enjoy. This recipe fits that description.
Without further ado, here is the recipe.
- 1lb Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Cup of Grape Jelly
- 1 and ¼ cup of ketchup
- White rice (Or brown)
- ¼ cup of bread crumbs
- 1 Egg
- Salt and Pepper (To taste)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil
- Cook rice according to package
- In a large bowl mix ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, salt and pepper.
- Form 1 ½” – 2” size meatballs and line them on the baking sheet
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until brown
- In a medium sauce pan stir ketchup and grape jelly on low-medium until the jelly melts then keep it on low while stirring every couple of minutes
- Once meatballs are done, take a few at a time, and put them in the pot to cover with sauce. (I don’t like to put them all in at once as it gets too crowded and I have had them break)
- Serve over warm rice, and enjoy!
Let me know in the comments if you have tried out this delicious dish, or if you have any questions, do not hesitate to reach out.